Khen & Rith Tombing
Khen, PMI's first missionary, completed his M.Div. in 1986 and a Th.M. degree three years later. Since that time, Khen has labored in Manipur, in northeast India.
Despite great persecution, he has actively participated in the planting of over 36 churches in India and 12 churches in Myanmar. He began more than 10 Christian primary schools for the poor in rural villages. He is also the founding President of Reformed Bible Institute and of the Presbyterian Church of India's Christian College and Christian High School.
Khen is the Chief Coordinator of the Presbyterian Church in India (Reformed) whose responsibility is making sure all ministries under the Presbyterian Church in India go and grow smoothly. Rith serves as Secretary of Women in the Church of the Presbyterian Church in India where she is actively participating in the Church's ministry of Transforming and Empowering Women in the Church.
Latest Report: (updated 9/30/2013)
Thank you for your prayer and support.
Photo taken in May 2013 when we all were together — Nemy (19), Khen, Kimkim (5), Rith, Mungboi (2), Olivia (25)
Nemy (our daughter) is in college in Bangalore, Kimkim (our daughter) is in Pre-school at Rayburn High School (primary section), Mungboi (our grandson) his father (my oldest son) died and his mother, Olivia (my daughter in-law) left us in our care as she had to go on to start a new family life.
Photo taken in September 2013 — the remnant family: Kimkim(5), Rith, Mungboi (2), Khen
AGAPE ACTS — One of our ministries
Top Floor: completed — mainly for guest rooms. It can accommodate 12+ guests at a time. Both rooms have kitchen, living room and dining room partially furnished.
Construction in Progress: A frontal view of Agape Acts Building
First Floor: Almost completed — Currently, 12 babies (1-18 months old) and 6 caregiver are staying. Play room, special care room and office will be complete before Christmas 3013.
Time to play and relax
Time to feed
Pastor Kham Lianmang prays for a day old baby
Ground Floor: Not yet completed East wing — for Women Empowerment and Transformation Enterprise. This is a shop as well as a training center for displaced women. They are making school uniforms, bags, etc. — the sale proceeds is used to support Babies Home. West wing — will be used for daycare center for senior citizens of our church. Currently it is used for store room and workshop.
Construction in Progress: Another look at Agape Acts building from the main road
Some praise and prayer points:
- Praise God that we have 2500 students in our Christian High School and 2600 in our Christian College. Pray that we will be faithful and effective in providing quality education to our students.
- Praise God for our six rural primary schools with more than 1000 children. This is to give opportunity to poor Christian rural dwellers, who do not have access to basic education at all. Pray that it will be a good investment.
- Praise God that the Presbyterian Church in India is subsiding about 500 poor Christian students with their fees in different schools and universities in India. Pray that it will be a good investment.
- Praise God for 200 children in Khawdungsei Village in Mizoram State of India supported by Compassion International in collaboration with our Church. Pray that children will continue to grow spiritually, cognitively, emotionally and socially. Pray also for 150 orphans at Covenant Children Home.
- Praise God for Agape Babies Home, and pray for 12 babies (1-18 months old) and the staff that we will have the love and the strength and the support to continue this very important ministry. Thank God that in two years, 6 babies have found good parents (homes).
- Pray that the four churches we are planting in different Hindu Villages and the one church in a Muslim community will be successful. Pray for the Lord of the harvest to give many new believers so that we can start churches in those pagan communities.
- Pray that our Rehabilitation Centre for drug and alcohol addicts will yield good results. This is a big challenge but nothing is impossible with God.
- WETE - Women Empowerment and Transformation Enterprise. Recovered alcoholics, prostitute, etc. come for rehabilitation and learn sowing, tailoring, embroideries in order to support themselves (6 months course). Thank God that this has been a great success.
- Thank God for sixty churches and ten thousand members God has entrusted to minister in our denomination.
- Pray for me and my team (including my family) that God will enable all of us to accomplish his purpose and will in our works.
ONE DAY PASTORS AND WIVES RETREAT on August 22, 2013: WE ARE ONE TEAM!
TO GOD BE THE GLORY GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!
Your Fellow Labourer in His Vineyard,
Khen & Rith Tombing